Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sunset over Southbank...!!!

Sun sets over the beautiful Southbank in Melbourne...
Sunsets...

A magical sunset can take your breath away. As the day draws to a close and the sun bends to the horizon, its light has to travel further though the atmosphere to reach us. We gradually see less blue in the sky as it lights up with firey colors, as the shorter wavelengths no longer reach us and particles in the atmosphere scatter the fleeting sunlight. Sunsets transform the sky into beautiful works of art, painted with amazing colors.

Story of the shot...

When we try to shoot a subject which has both the bright and dark areas in the same frame, and when the intention is to show everything in the bright dynamic colors, we go for a HDR image. I read this in the internet. The same evening I tried this shot.This one was taken from where I used to live in Village Street in Docklands, which had this spectacular view. I didn't take many shots but getting the intensity of light trials to be the same across different shots with different exposures was the challenge.Through with that, the HDR processing. I used this super software named Photomatix HDR which gives amazing results for HDR processing. Learning HDR photography is itself an amazing experience worth spending the time, and when we see outcomes like this shot it makes the experience even more rich and worthy.Still this is one of my best HDR shots, and considering this is my very first HDR shot, I can't be more happy.

Cheers,

Nirmal Kumar S.

No comments:

Post a Comment